Why do I do what I do?
The short answer is: Because so many are in pain- in this case, often related in some way to their eating- and I know to my core that I was put on this earth to serve others in this completely necessary, totally unavoidable, and sometimes messy area of life.
But even the craziest, most off-base preachers of health must also believe they are serving others, at least to some degree. Or else there would be a lot of guilt-ridden diet industry bigwigs out there and we all know that's not the case. So it may be helpful to define exactly what is... and what is not... "serving".
Serving is NOT:
- Selling ideas that do not work (though they may be popular and/or profitable)
- Blaming, shaming, guilting, manipulating others into achieving a certain result
- Encouraging harmful thinking ("all or nothing", "mistakes indicate failure", etc)
- Ignoring self-care in favor of weight-loss-at-any-cost
- Treating others as victims who are not capable of rising above their situation
- Failure to acknowledge and challenge any of the above "status quo" tactics
And so with that...
My Mission IS:
To challenge and support those who are ready to get real, take leaps, and face down fears so they can eat, move, and care for themselves in a way that honors their true value.
I welcome your thoughts and comments.